Thursday 13 October 2011

16. Key Elements

Before filming my music video, I have to make sure it conforms to the conventions of Zef and Rap music video's. To do this I have made a checklist of things I have to include in my video.

Most rap video's have low key lighting as this adds a 'dark' feel to it.
  • low key lighting
  • ripped and baggy clothes on men, more fashionable on women. More 'out there' clothing as well, stuff that makes a statement and thsat you wouldn't normally imagine people to wear.
Zef settings are local cheap places with colourful walls.
  • I will use a colourful sports hall for this effect.
Although rap video's are usually in clubs, forrests, bars etc. More dingey and dark settings.
  • For this I will use the woods for a more 'dark' atmosphere.
  • Dancing and getting into charcater. - all rap video's include some sort of dancing and Zef music videos use 'original' dancing to show they are individual and aren't afraid to be different.
  • Attitude. It is key for both Zef and rap to have attitude and show everyone what you are made of.
  • Confrontation. Many video's include some sort of confrontation. This allows the artist to big themself up to their audience.
  • Good looking girls. - Due to the survey I did, audiences like to see good-looking people. In the case that I am using a rap song, and as this genre has a wide male based audience, I will try to make my lead female conform to this.
  • Bling. Bling is very important for rap videos and it is unusual for this to not be included in a music video.
  • Since Rap and Zef contrast in the fact that stereo-typical rap focuses on how the artist is the best and can afford expensive things and get all the girls, stereo-typical zef focuses on how the artists have very little but are still cool. My chosen song is more zef so I will use this angle towards the video.
  • Close-ups. Rap uses close-ups to show mroe detail and understanding to the audience of the main protagonist and storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment