Thursday 29 September 2011

10. Audience Research

I asked several people around our school what their opinions on music videos are. This is what i discovered:

QUESTIONS

1. Do you think that music video's make a difference to the song? If so, in a positive or negative way?

2.What music do you like and what makes you attracted to it?

3. What do you think makes a successful music video?

4. What do you think ruins a music video?

ANSWERS

1. I think that music videos do make a difference and in a good way. It makes the song appeal to a broader audience because some people who would not normally listen to the song might like the video and watch it.
2. I like folk music, but every genre appeals to me except for metal. Folk is fun and it makes you happy when you listen to it.
3. To make a music video good, there has to be a good idea behind it with planning and structure. Good editing also makes the video better, making it more interesting and surreal.
4. Music videos that are dull and that lack structure do not appeal to me. If they do not have a clever plan and idea then the video appears to not have a clear point and is not interesting.

1. No, I do not think that music videos make any difference. As for me it is the sound of the song and I normally hear the song many times before I get round to seeing the music video.
2. I like Indie, rock, alternative, and folk music. I like them because they are inspirational and appeal to me on a emotionally deep and meaningful level.
3. I like music video's that are set in nature. Such as woodlands, fields, and beaches.
4. Sexualized music videos are what puts me off. I believe that having girls in hardly any clothes deducts from feminism and takes us back to an age that is not in our present society but becomes normality because of these music video's.

No comments:

Post a Comment